When my son Rowan was 8 years old, he was diagnosed as autistic, something that should have been obvious given his aversion to hand-dryers and his proclivity for completing puzzles face-down. The doctor cautioned that Rowan would need more time to process things in school, but I soon realize…
- Pinnacle the second fastest growing bank in Burlington MSA
- Lunch-and-Learn on historical courthouse postponed to Nov. 29
- US secures the release of the soldier who crossed into North Korea 2 months ago
- US Sen. Bob Menendez pleads not guilty to pocketing bribes in a wide-ranging corruption case (copy)
- A judge found Trump committed fraud in building his real-estate empire. Here's what happens next
- 6 young climate activists take European governments to court over climate change
- Fire rips through Iraqi wedding hall, killing around 100 in shock to Christian community
- Church puts spotlight on conservation
Marijuana remains illegal in North Carolina, with some medical exceptions. However, as in many other states, some will celebrate marijuana on April 20, and those celebrations have a significant influence.
Following a 15-year period in which North Carolina’s juvenile crime rate fell by more than 50%, new data warns us that urgent action is needed to prevent a recent upsurge in juvenile crime from becoming a troubling long-term trend.
Reader writes letter to the 'reasonably intelligent Republicans' who voted for Ronald Reagan and the first President Bush. He questions the toleration of Donald Trump and his acolytes.
Resident of Gibsonville, N.C., says he and his wife have been fortunate to have two neighbors who help them keep their driveway clean.
Some Virginia residents had stopped in Burlington, N.C., when they had an accident. Unhurt, they were able to continue their trip. They wanted to thank the kind people who helped them.
Burlington resident asks Sens. Burr and Tillis about their millions of dollars in support from NRA sources and their silence on common sense gun regulations.
Mebane resident says instead of littering with your old masks, find a trash can, put it in your pocket and take it home, or keep it on and protect yourself and others.
Reader says assault weapons, which are designed to kill a lot of people, should be banned. The only reasons for owning this type of gun would seem to be for mass murder or insurrection.
Keep Alamance-Burlington School System staff, teachers, students safe from shootings. But the real SROs are school counselors and student services.