- Pinnacle the second fastest growing bank in Burlington MSA
- Lunch-and-Learn on historical courthouse postponed to Nov. 29
- US secures the release of the soldier who crossed into North Korea 2 months ago
- US Sen. Bob Menendez pleads not guilty to pocketing bribes in a wide-ranging corruption case (copy)
- A judge found Trump committed fraud in building his real-estate empire. Here's what happens next
- 6 young climate activists take European governments to court over climate change
- Fire rips through Iraqi wedding hall, killing around 100 in shock to Christian community
- Church puts spotlight on conservation
Reader writes letter to the 'reasonably intelligent Republicans' who voted for Ronald Reagan and the first President Bush. He questions the toleration of Donald Trump and his acolytes.
Resident of Gibsonville, N.C., says he and his wife have been fortunate to have two neighbors who help them keep their driveway clean.
Some Virginia residents had stopped in Burlington, N.C., when they had an accident. Unhurt, they were able to continue their trip. They wanted to thank the kind people who helped them.
Burlington resident asks Sens. Burr and Tillis about their millions of dollars in support from NRA sources and their silence on common sense gun regulations.
Mebane resident says instead of littering with your old masks, find a trash can, put it in your pocket and take it home, or keep it on and protect yourself and others.
Reader says assault weapons, which are designed to kill a lot of people, should be banned. The only reasons for owning this type of gun would seem to be for mass murder or insurrection.
Keep Alamance-Burlington School System staff, teachers, students safe from shootings. But the real SROs are school counselors and student services.
Alamance Parks was awarded a grant to outfit the Eli Whitney and Pleasant Grove community centers with the necessary equipment to support the department’s growing archery program.
Alamance County Commissioner Bill Lashley did a disservice to our hardworking teachers, administrators, support staff, and students when he stated that our public schools are failing.
On April 27, Triad Honor Flight took 90 veterans, along with their guardians, to visit memorials in Washington, D.C., to recognize their service and sacrifices.
The United States is suffering from Republican opposition to the Biden administration. This type of opposition is not what is best for the American people, socially and economically.
What bothered me in the article on the best hot dog in Alamance County is that some people actually put ketchup on a hot dog. If there is not a law against that, there should be.
The 'Don’t Say Gay' bill by Gov. DeSantis of Florida may inspire a whole legion of other messages. It might be fun to warn people against breaking state laws on pain of imprisonment.
Reader says "I didn’t want to write about" this desolation; "I wanted to write about" more pleasant things.